Holiday Drink Recipe…
Byrrh It’s Cold Outside
Written by Natasha David, Nitecap | New York City
- 3/4 ounce Byrrh
- 3/4 ounce amontillado sherry, preferably Lustau
- 1/2 ounce ancho-infused moscatel sherry (see Editor’s Note)
- 3/4 ounce cranberry shrub
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- sparkling wine, to top
Garnish: lemon wheel
- Combine all ingredients apart from wine and short shake (just long enough for the ingredients to blend and slightly chill).
- Strain into Collins glass filled with crushed ice.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
Ancho-Infused Moscatel Sherry:
1 dried ancho chile
750 ml bottle of sherry
Chop the ancho chile in half and remove the seeds. Submerge the seeded chile in the bottle of sherry and let infuse for two hours. Strain, rebottle and refrigerate for up to one month.